Using fractional plates will help identify the limits of each lift. In the past a 2.5lb or 5lb plate was the only way to move up on a specific lift. Now an individual can try new PR’s and training techniques by adding weight in 1/2lb increments.
Fractional plates make it possible for the athlete to lift more weight safely and within his or her limits. In some cases adding 5lbs-10lbs on a lift (specifically bench press) is too much for the body to coup with. Especially when attempting a PR. Using fractional plates can greatly reduce the overload effect that 5lbs or10lbs can create.
Sold as a set which include a pair of .25lb, pair of .50lb, pair of .75lb, pair of 1.00lb. Made from Virgin rubber
- Bar: Olympic/Power/Functional Fitness/Multipurpose
- Material: Rubber
- Insert: None
- Insert ID: 51mm (2.00 inches)
- OD: 1.0lb- 7.93"; .75lb-6.56"; .50lb-5.37"; .25lb- 4.62"
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 0.5%
- Durometer: 75-80
- Color: Black, Red, Blue, Yellow
- Guarantee/ Warranty: 3 Year
- Made in the USA: No
- 1.0LB Plate Width: .310"
- .75LB Plate Width: .380"
- .50LB Plate Width: .380"
- .25LB Plate Width: .270"